Is a Traineeship right for me?
A Traineeship course is suitable for learners who are:
• Eligible to work in England
• Have little or no work experience, but who are motivated to work
• Aged 16 to 24 – or 25 with an EHC plan and qualified up to level 3
If you meet the above criteria, you may undertake a traineeship.
A traineeship can be a starting point to prepare you for an apprenticeship at a higher level and they’re a great option for you if you want to start on the road to a rewarding career but don’t have many qualifications or much work experience.
What should I expect?
As a trainee, you should expect to receive:
- The foundation skills and confidence to prepare you for work.
- Job seeking skills, like help with applications and interviews.
- Basic Maths and English support if you need help in that area.
- Work Experience
- Workplace skills, such as teamwork, dealing with customers, paperwork, etc.
- A better CV
- Potential for funding support (depending on your circumstances)
Your traineeship will last between six weeks and a year but is usually less than six months. You won’t be paid as a trainee, but many employers will cover costs for your travel, equipment needed, and sometimes even meals.
Some trainees may even have a job or apprenticeship place offered at the end of the traineeship.