Eastleigh College celebrates this year’s Annual Awards ceremony to recognize the achievements of students and staff.
A variety of awards were presented highlighting student accomplishments. Carmen Darminin, A former VTCT Hospitality student won the Student of the Year category, sponsored by VTCT.
She commented “It’s an exceptional feeling and an amazing achievement to know that I’ve been picked from thousands of other students. I’m so happy.”
Carmen has since gone on to achieve other great accomplishments such as winning this year’s Institute of Hospitality Front of House Student of the Year Award. She is also a brand ambassador for Winchester Distillery.
Among the category winners was former VTCT Hospitality student, Dominic Mayes who received an award for Exceptional Progression, sponsored by NCFE.
Present on the night to celebrate the exceptional success of both students and staff were representatives, governors, college students and staff.
- Apprentice of the Year, sponsored by HBS Group – Elliott Pace
- Award for Exceptional Progression, sponsored by NCFE – Dominic Mayes
- GEM Award – Aaron Thomas
- Governor’s Prize for Outstanding Achievement, sponsored by Knowhow – Timothy McNally
- Student of the Year, sponsored by VTCT – Carmen Darminin
- Tony Brooks Award, sponsored by Advanced Engineering – Stephen Taylor
- Work Experience Student of the Year, sponsored by Natwest – Maddie Bailey
- HE Student of the Year – Frances Davison
- Margaret Kyrle Prize – Oliver James
- David Baird Prize – Baiba Akule
- Teacher of the Year, sponsored by Twinings – Alan Head
Congratulations to all the Winners!
To find out more about VTCT Qualifications click here