The transformation of technical education
Following the announcement by the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education, we are delighted to be working in partnership with NCFE to deliver the contract for the Hairdressing, Barbering and Beauty Therapy T Level.
T Levels are a revolution in vocational and technical study, bringing a new high-quality, work-focused alternative to A Levels for 16 – 18-year-olds. These two-year courses are designed with employers to intimately reflect the needs of the sectors and occupations that successful learners will progress on to.
On completion of a course, learners will have gained the necessary knowledge, skills, and behaviours to successfully progress into work or higher-level study.
Innovative new qualifications
We have worked closely with employers to design qualifications to produce a highly-skilled, flexible and agile workforce in the services to people sector.
The T Level we are offering jointly with NCFE covers three sectors:
- Beauty Therapy
The T Level Technical Qualification for Hairdressing, Barbering and Beauty Therapy will now be available for delivery from September 2024 rather than September 2023
- Courses are two years in duration
- One T Level is equivalent to three A Levels
- The qualifications are created in collaboration with employers
- Industry placements are a key element of the course
- UCAS points are awarded
- The qualifications support progression into skilled work
- They also support entry to higher or degree level apprenticeships or higher-level technical study, including university
Have any questions regarding T Levels? Visit our FAQ page by clicking the button below.