Pivot Point LAB is an Online Learning Platform that is integral to the delivery of specific iTEC and VTCT Level 2 and 3 Hairdressing and Barbering qualifications, and Level 2 Beauty Therapy qualifications.
For years, online learning has been one of the most talked-about education topics, also in our industry. And due to the Covid-19
pandemic, distance education is now considered critical to the future success of our schools and learners.
Pivot Point LAB has been optimised to support the ever-changing requirements of administrators, educators, and learners both in and out of the classroom.
Tutors can use Pivot Point LAB as a standalone resource or in collaboration with their personally developed library of resources. The aim is to maximise delivery methods for the benefit of different learning styles. You can take the best from both worlds to create a dynamic and diverse collection of teaching tools.
By selecting from a series of pre-loaded pathways mapped to each qualification Pivot Point LAB allows you to create unique, custom learning pathways for every cohort. Tutors also have access to over 40 sets of presentation slides to support classroom delivery.
New Barbering content is now live on the Pivot Point LAB platform. Please feel free to contact our Customer Support Team if you have any questions. The areas of study are as follows:
- Life Skills
- Client-Centred Design
- Foundational Cuts
- Tapered Cuts & Fades
- Shaving & Beard Design
- Hair Replacement
- Cutting & Styling
- Cutting Facial Hair & Shave
To see the list of accompanying qualifications, click here.
PIVOT POINT LAB:
• Is available 24/7 on Computers, Laptops, Tablets, and Smartphones. It can be accessed on any device with internet capabilities.
• Can be used as a tool to encourage pre-class learning, allowing learners to attend lessons able to contribute to rich group discussions
• Supports the development of learners’ ICT skills
Click here for a full list of VTCT Hairdressing, Barbering and Beauty Therapy qualifications that include access to LAB as part of the registration fee from 1st August 2019*
Centres that register learners on these approved qualifications will have access.
* Please note – having LAB included with the registration fee is currently only applicable in the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland.