End-point Assessment services
As of 19th July 2021, it is no longer a legal requirement for those involved with an End-point Assessment to wear eye protection or a face shield or to adhere to social distancing requirements. However, we still require all parties involved in a VTCT End-point Assessment to wear a face-covering, for example, a mask.
All other Personal Protection Equipment and hygiene requirements must be adhered to during an End-point Assessment. If you require any further information please e-mail EPA@vtct.org.uk
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education have announced an additional discretionary option of a package of evidence and professional discussion to replace an EPA, for circumstances where it is not possible for an EPA to take place, or in exceptional circumstances where it would not be appropriate to proceed with a practical EPA in a salon environment.
The high-level principles for eligibility, for apprentices who will have already met the existing gateway requirements, are set out below:
- Where close contact/personal services are not available (due to national or regional lockdowns or other restrictions) and the apprentice does not wish to delay
- Where the apprentice cannot undertake close contact work for personal medical reasons (e.g. shielding) or similar
- Difficulties in accessing appropriate venues (e.g. feasibility issues due to commercial difficulties)
- Where the employment situation of the apprentice has changed or is changing
The above principles are not exhaustive – they set out the high-level areas which will be considered by VTCT when determining the appropriateness of granting this discretion.
- Apprentices can only be allocated a maximum of a pass grade if the optional discretion of a professional discussion is applied. (This limitation is due to the on-programme qualification used as an evidence base only being assessed at pass/fail)
VTCT will consider any request for apprentices to be eligible for the discretionary option on its merits, and the key test is the degree to which it would, or would not be possible for the EPA to be delivered in line with the assessment plan, or via the previously existing Covid-19 flexibilities and dispensations (as per Autumn 2020).
To book your EPA or apply for the optional discretion please email email@example.com
Documentation for Professional Discussion
End-point Assessment Guide for your Professional Discussion (centre login required)
If you have any questions regarding this please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
VTCT (ITEC) Level 2 Award in Infection Prevention (COVID-19) for Hairdressing and Barbering Services
In order to help embed best practice and assist with building the confidence of both our Training Providers/employers, apprentices and their clients on how to “return back” safely, VTCT have released the Level 2 Award in Infection Prevention (COVID-19) for Hairdressing and Barbering Services.
VTCT has drawn upon a wide variety of reference materials applicable to the personal services sector which include the World Health Organisation (WHO) and national authorities in the UK and around the world, as well as from our experiences through our International activities in Australia, Hong Kong and Singapore where we have seen the reopening of businesses since the COVID-19 virus outbreak.
Each qualification will allow learners to develop knowledge on the causes, transmission and effects of COVID-19, the importance of social responsibility and the methods used to control transmission such as correct hand hygiene and the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). They will also gain an understanding of the safe working practices required to protect themselves and their clients.
• Checklist for Apprenticeship Assessors (Step 8 of the 10 step process for Hair Professional and Step 10 of the 12 Step process for Beauty Professional)
• Checklist for Re-opening Hairdressers and Barbers
• Hair Professional End-point Assessment Guidance Document for COVID-19
• Beauty Professional End-point Assessment Guidance Document for COVID-19
• Sample Risk Assessment form
• Hair and Barbering Apprentice Health Declaration form
• Beauty Therapy Apprentice Health Declaration form
• Hair and Barbering Client Health Declaration form which includes client guidance for End-point Assessments
• Beauty Therapy Client Health Declaration form which includes client guidance for End-point Assessments
• Hair and Barbering Generic Health Declaration form
• Beauty Therapy Generic Health Declaration form
Go Back to the top