Updated 11.11.2020 10:08
Please read the latest VTCT Statement on England Lockdown
and see the Frequently Asked Questions page for further information
Specific Qualification Information
New VTCT Infection Prevention Qualifications
Information on our suite of sector-specific Infection Prevention Qualifications can be found by clicking the button below.
Now that lockdown restrictions have eased and COVID-19 safety measures have been introduced to allow schools, colleges and other training venues to re-open, iTEC & VTCT will be resuming normal dispatch services from 1st November.
To centres in the UK are sent 2nd Class via Royal Mail’s Signed For service
To centres in Ireland are sent 2nd Class via Royal Mail’s Tracked and Signed service
To international centres are sent via the most suitable means, depending on local services available (post or courier).
If your centre is still not in a position to receive deliveries, please let us know by emailing email@example.com or calling our Customer Support Team on 02380 684 500.
Updated Policy Documents
To access the following documents, please click here and go to the Additional Downloads section”
- COVID-19 Appeals Policy and Procedures Addendum
- COVID-19 Complaints Policy and Procedure Addendum
- COVID-19 Malpractice Policy and Procedure Addendum
Centre Re-opening Information
Following the release of the Government guidelines ‘Keeping workers and clients safe during COVID-19 in close contact services’ on 23 June 2020, it has been confirmed that Hairdressing and Barbering services are now permitted to be undertaken.
VTCT want to support centres in re-opening safely and have produced guidance information for centres to follow.
It will be the responsibility of the centre and training provider to ensure that the information is adhered to when preparing for internal practical assessments within the training environment.
VTQ 2020 Extraordinary Regulatory Framework (ERF)
Following the Ofqual Consultation between 24th April and 8th May for ‘VTQ 2020 Extraordinary Regulatory Framework (ERF)’, Ofqual has now launched the ERF and published the changes that they have made to the ERF as a result of feedback received.
The final documentation on the ERF can be accessed here. We strongly encourage you to read this to understand what it means for you.
To support, Ofqual has developed an interactive tool which can be accessed here. This will provide you with clarity around whether your qualifications fall in or out of the scope of the ERF and what the primary mitigation approach would be for the qualification.
Further documentation that Ofqual have put together for guidance can be found here:
• Guidance for centres – the collection of guidance they have created for schools, students and parents on how vocational and technical qualifications will be graded and awarded in summer 2020.
• Video: Update for Centres 22 May – information for schools and colleges submitting centre assessment grades in summer 2020
• Contingency plan for England, Wales and Northern Ireland – Guidance on what schools, colleges and other centres should do if exams or other assessments are seriously disrupted
• AoC webinar on Technical and vocational assessment in summer 2020 – recording of the webinar held on 21 April 2020 looking at key areas on VTQ assessment in summer 2020